Playing with paint

Playing with paint
abstract art

10 February 2013

Catching Up

Last week my friend Di and I had the pleasure of lunching with an old friend from our Rainbow Beach days.   Ellie was a long time member of our local craft group there, and was our very able President.


Ellie with Di
Now 89 we discovered that she had moved to Toowoomba into a retirement village.     It was so exciting to see her again.  She is an absolute marvel, still stitching, and quilting.    Bright as a button, we had a wonderful time reminiscing about old times.

I was sent a link to a site which sells beautiful hand dyed threads,
Unfortunately I was very naughty because I could not resist purchasing some of the beautiful threads. 

I mentioned in my email to Lorraine, that I was looking for some threads in aqua/turquoise tones, and she even sent me two samples to try until she has restocked those colours.
The two threads at the bottom are my free samples.   Oh well I did only buy three skeins so I suppose that is only a little bit naughty.

Hope all my friends are enjoying a lovely weekend. 


14 comments:

  1. sounds like you all had a great day reminiscing it much be great to catch up with those you have not seen for a while.
    The threads look beautiful, think you will be paying further visits to to that web site Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to meet with friends - moreover with friend who share the same hobbies. Isn't that lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy computer - I had not finished with my text. I must tell you still that I can fall in love with those threads - they are heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to meet up with friends.

    I'm a follower of Lorraine's and her embroidery and her threads are beautiful. She is an inspiration to me.

    Your threads are going to be fun to work with and it was nice she sent you a couple of samples too.

    Happy Creating ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Day Shirley, There is nothing wrong with being a "Little" naughty. Love all the threads colors. Now what will you create with them??? Lovely picture of Ellie and Di. Have a Great Weekend. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it's good to be a little naughty! Love your new threads! (I may be dating myself, but that expression used to have a whole different meaning! lol) I checked the link, but Lorraine is away on holiday: I'll check back later....not that I need more thread....... ;-D......need has nothing to do with it, right?
    Wonderful to meet up with an old friend, and so nice she's moved into the area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good to hear from you. thought you might have been washed away by the rain.
    lovely threads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so lovely to meet up with Ellie again after all these years. I hope that if I make it to 89 I will be just like Ellie, still crafting and quilting. She is an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to be able to catch up with Ellie again and how wonderful that she still does all of that crafting at 89. I hope that I am still crocheting and crafting when I get to 89. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Shirley! Cool threads there! What a nice visit you all had.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those threads - they look irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can never say NO to lovely new threads :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I will have yet another try at commenting - I think it is wonderful you have been able to catch up with a friend from so long ago, and especially to find she is now living in Toowoomba. Why shouldn't you be 'a little naughty' and buy threads sometimes? They look like they need to be used. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah I recognize Di! Lovely photo of her and Ellie. How wonderful for you all to catch up. Love those threads. I have been to Lorraine's and I was a tad naughty too- easy to do!!

    ReplyDelete